It's time to awaken your STIHL equipment from its winter slumber. Before you pull your tools out of storage and put them to work, make sure you've prepared them for your spring workload. This checklist of proper maintenance tips will help get your equipment out of hibernation and ready to run.
- Check the condition of your spark plugs and replace if necessary.
- Check air filters for dirt and damage to determine if any need cleaning or replacement. Clean debris from blowers and trimmers as well.
- Inspect your equipment for broken parts, and replace any that are broken or damaged.
- Check screws and nuts, and retighten them if necessary.
- Now is a good time to sharpen or change saw chains, as well as replace trimmer line.
- Lubricate parts where friction will occur.
- Check power cords on electric tools for damage or wear.
- When mixing fuel, use fresh fuel (stored for less than 2 months) and new 2-cycle engine oil.
- Use STIHL MotoMix® Premixed Fuel in your fuel tanks. STIHL MotoMix® is a highly stable blend that will help to ensure great performance.
- Don't put your power tool to work immediately-after a season of storage, let it warm up for a few minutes before use.
Not sure if your STIHL equipment requires additional parts and service? Just drop by our Dealership for some helpful advice. While you're here, pick up replacement parts and anything else you need for your spring maintenance, such as the proper oils and lubricants for your equipment. Don't have time to do all this maintenance on your own? No problem – we also service what we sell. Our first-class service is one of the many perks of owning a STIHL.